Last Updated on
There's nothing quite like jumping in the car, buckling up, and hitting the open road. Whether alone, with friends, or family, it's the kind of trip that creates a lifetime's worth of memories.
What's this? You haven't vacuumed your car before you leave? You might not be the kind of person that scatters rubbish all over the floor, but that doesn't mean your car is clean.
Pet hair and dirt from your shoes can get mushed into the seats and carpet. Don't forget that friend who always leaves crumbs because they insist on eating in your car. We also cant ignore the unfreindly smell of the car carpets!
Frustrating is definitely a word to describe it, but we have the perfect solution for road trip prepping. All you need is a car vacuum. With a swoop of the hose, all that grime will be gone in seconds. Sounds great, right?
Read our guide on how to vacuum your car properly here.
Best Car Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Lightweight - Black and Decker PD1820
- Best Handheld - Vax H85-GA-B10 Gator
- Best Multi - Gtech Multi
- Best Eco - Black and Decker Lithium
- Best Value - B&D PV1200AV-XJ
- Best Cordless - Vax H86-GA-P Gator
- Best 12v - Black & Decker Pad 1200
- Best Overall - Dyson DC34
Top 10 Rated Car Vacuum Table
Things to consider when buying a car vacuum
There is definitely a wide range of car vacuum options out there to fit your budget, taste, preference and lifestyle.
The problem is that with lots of options, it can be a bit hard to pick the best model. This guide will help you choose the right car vacuum that has been tested and proven in almost every way. So let's get started.
- Battery Powered: the best vacuum cleaner for your car should be battery powered. After all, no one would want to hold multiple heavy wires when using the vacuum.
- Powerful suction: A good vacuum cleaner should have a powerful suction. In addition to this, being lightweight is essential, as a heavy vacuum will be quite difficult to maneuver. Choose the device according to the type of dirt you are dealing with.
- Accessories: The right tools will have accessories that have the ability to remove dirt in all of the car's areas and spaces. The right device makes car cleaning a great experience and not a backbreaking task.
- Cleaning Performance: The best car vacuum cleaner sucks up all the dirt and dust on the floor and seats. Opt for a vacuum with sufficient power to such up all types of debris, dirt and stubborn stains.
- Design: the design of the device should be portable and lightweight. A good vacuum cleaner should ideally weigh no more than 2 KG.
- Efficiency: Many modern car vacuum cleaners are energy star qualified. In other words, they are energy efficient.
- Help and support: You will definitely want a reliable customer service so you can contact a company should you have any problem with the cleaner.
- Warranty: The minimum warranty for most car vacuum cleaners is typically one year. Sometimes, however, you’ll come across manufacturers who offer warrantee of two or more years.
#1 BLACK+DECKER PD1820L-GB 18v
Best Lightweight Car Vacuum
Black and Decker is a good brand to go for if you are looking for a reliable vacuum cleaner for getting your car looking new again.
This model has a cool and modern design that makes it lightweight, compact, and also easy to store away when it is no longer in use.
It features lithium technology for strong suction and also prevents it from declining as it fills up.
The integrated hose measures at 1.5m, so you have more than enough space to reach every corner.
When I tested this product, I felt that it not only performed well on the carpet but on the hard floors too. Most handheld models struggle with anything bigger than a rice crispy, yet this black and decker had no struggle at all. I was impressed with the amount we scattered for it to clear, but they were sucked up in seconds.
It comes with smart technology that allows it to charge four times faster than other models of cordless vacuum cleaner, and even has a number of tools to make things a little easier to manage, but also to help you achieve the ultimate levels of clean.
The canister is easy to empty as well, which is good for those who don’t want any hassle.
- Good at picking up on carpet and hard floor
- Fast charge time
- Easy to empty canister
- Perfect for the car and your home
- Lightweight and compact
- Leaves some fine dust behind
- Not great with pet hair
- 15 mins
- 1700 watts
- 1 db
- 1 accessory - 2 in 1 nozzle/flip out upholstery brush
- Compact, Cyclonic, Lightweight, bagless;cordless, bagless, cordless
This amazingly compact vacuum cleaner comes at an incredible price that can fit into a good number of budgets, making it great for those that want good quality without it costing a fortune.
While this model can be oud and is not brilliant with pet hair, it does a great job of cleaning your car and has a good battery life so that you can make the most of it. Lightweight and compact, it could be just right for you.
Q: How many hours of charging is needed for the first time using this PD1820L-GB model after opening the box?
A: Vacuum arrives with approximately 20% charge in battery. Needs about 4 to 5 hours for the first charge - after that about 3 to 4 hours will do to get it back to fully charged.
Q: Can you use the cleaner without unwinding the hose or does the hose have to be extended?
A: Good versatile product. You can use it with or without extending the hose.
#2 Vax H85-GA-B10 Gator
Best Handheld Car Vacuum
Vax is a leading and trusted brand in the vacuum cleaner industry, so if you are looking for something reliable for your car, you might not need to go any further.
This cordless model delivers a surprising amount of power for its size, which makes it ideal for cleaning your car, as well as small areas in your home.
It has a running time of 15 minutes, which makes it ideal for picking up those little messes, as well as getting the stubborn ones out.
It is really easy to empty as well, all you need to do is press a button, and it will open up over the bin. It has a crevice tool built into it as well, so you can get even the tightest corners of your car (or your home). Plus, it is really lightweight and takes hardly any time to charge up.
I was pleasantly surprised with the ability of this handheld vacuum on both carpet and hard floor. I tested this product with an array of an everyday product that may be spilt from coffee granules to cornflakes, and nothing was too much for this little device. It was light to use and also quiet compared to some I have recently reviewed.
- It's a quiet handheld cleaner for hard surfaces and also carpets
- Good suction
- 15-minute runtime
- Crevice tool built into it
- Perfect for the car
- It has to be charged every day
- It can't cope very well with hairs and fibres
- 15 minutes
- 1 accessory - Integrated Crevice Tool
- Cordless, Lightweight, Portable, bagless;cordless, bagless
This cheap handheld vacuum cleaner may need a daily charge and not handle pressure too well, but it fits into any budget and will do an excellent job of giving your car a quick once over before you go out, or cleaning up messes in the home.
With some great features and a crevice tool built into it, you can rest assured that your car will look great by the time you are done.
To read more on the Vax gator handheld vacuum cleaner then read our full reviews here.
Q: How long does the Vax H85-GA-B10 Gator hold the charge when disconnected?
A: Depends how much it is used on what type of mess. If it is a nice easy carpet to clean up some dust this wont use much suction and wont fill up the hoover. In general it will last around 15 minutes, which is plenty of time to blits your stairs or clean up those crumbs on your carpet.
#3 GTECH Multi
Best Multi Car Vacuum
Have a questions? Ask in the comments below
Other Great Car Vacs
Previously Featured Models
# BLACK+DECKER PD1200AV-XJ Flexi Auto Dustbuster
Another model from Black and Decker, this lightweight machine might just be what you were looking for to get your car clean.
It features a cool and modern design that not only looks good, but also one that is lightweight and compact, making it easy to store away when you no longer need it.
The cyclonic action not only creates powerful suction, but also spins dirt away from the filter, leaving you with fade-free suction.
When you buy a car vacuum cleaner based on the above factors, it means you will get a powerful, as well as, energy efficient device.
A powerful vacuum will tackle tough stains, spills and other messes. It will also rid your vehicle of diseases-causing microbes and allergens.
It has a flip out brush for those hard to reach areas, as well as triple action filtration to trap allergens and make it suitable for those with asthma or allergies.
The dust canister is both removable and washable, and it comes with a 4ft hose for added flexibility. Plus, it is corded so you can use it for as long as you need.
- Comes from a trusted brand
- Lightweight and compact
- Brilliant suction
- Triple action filter
- Easy to empty canister
- Flip brush built into it
- Perfect for asthma and allergies
- Bagless for easy cleaning
- Some feel it could be more powerful
This vacuum cleaner for your car comes at a low price that will slot easily into any budget – making it great for those that want something that won’t break the bank but will still deliver excellent results.
While some wish it was more powerful, it still does an amazing job of getting your car clean and picking up all of the mess that has accumulated over time. A great model at an excellent price.
Q: What type of battery does the Black and Decker Dust Buster model need?
A: No battery at all, it simple plugs into the cigerette lighter socket to give the vacuum its power and ability to have the freedom to vacuum around your car with plenty of flexiability to get into those tricky places.
It seems to be such a very easy choice to make but in reality, because there are so many models around, choosing the best car vacuum could be quite challenging.
There are so many car vacuums that go so cheap you’d be tempted to put your money on it right away.
However, it is still best to follow the advice listed above and consider all the important points and features a model has to have before making your purchase.
You can go cheap at first but if the car vacuum will give up on you too soon or if its power won’t even be enough to get rid of most of the dirt and dust in your car’s interior, then you will just be spending more money to get a replacement. T
he list we provided includes car vacuums that are tried and tested by many satisfied consumers and we hope that you too will be one very satisfied customer.
For more enquiries or if you wish to add any detail we may have missed, drop a comment on the section below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.