If you suffer from allergies or asthma, we know your pain. It’s never a nice thing, and every season seems to have something that makes it flare up again.
Even vacuuming your house can seem like an impossible task because of the allergens that get thrown back into the air, but all is not lost, and I am here to tell you why. You might be suffering, but that doesn’t mean you need to have a home that is filled with allergens to constantly set you off.
Instead, a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter can trap them all and leave you breathing easy and enjoying your home a whole lot more. They provide cleaner air that is free from all those pesky irritants, so you might even find that you need your pills less.
With so many vacuums on the market, it can be hard to know what to look for, but that’s where I come in. In this guide, we take a look at the best HEPA vacuums, as well as collect the relevant HEPA vacuum reviews so that we can help you to find one that is perfect for you.
What To Look For
You should always know what you are looking for before you decide on your next vacuum cleaner, and this is where this section comes in.
Before we move onto the vacuum features, we would like to take a moment to note that most of the models we have chosen for this guide are approved by Allergy UK and Asthma and Allergy Friendly.
- Budget – Before anything, you need to take the time to consider how much you can spend, as well as how much you are willing to spend. Once you have determined your budget things, become easier, and you can start to further explore your options and see which models are in your price range.
- Filtration – The most important thing to look for in this kind of vacuum cleaner is a HEPA filter. This is because it has been specifically designed to eliminate allergens that could cause your asthma or allergies to start flaring up. Without this filter, you will only end up adding to your health issues instead of helping the problem.
- Pet Friendly – For those with pets, you will understand that the dander left behind with their fur can cause some serious reactions if it is not cleared up regularly. We love our pets, and we learn to live with these things, but a pet friendly vacuum cleaner can not only save you from reactions, but also clean up even the most stubborn pet hair that has been left behind.
- Bag – You will be able to choose between a bagged and bagless model of vacuum cleaner, and it is important that you make the best choice for your health. The bagged vacuums are actually much better for those with allergies and asthma because all of the dust and debris is sealed away tightly inside the bag. All you need to do is remove it and dispose of it. Bagless models tend to be much messier when you empty them, and the dust often ends up back in the air.
- Weight – As a more general point, the weight of the vacuum cleaner is often important to consider. If you are having a bad day and want to do a quick clean to remove allergens, you don’t want to be lugging a heavy machine around. Something that is lightweight and easy to handle should be at the top of your list.
- The Vacuum’s Power – Power is everything, especially when it comes to vacuum cleaners. Of course, you should always have a vacuum that is able to provide excellent suctions, but when you are suffering from allergies and asthma, this is needed even more. It ensures everything is picked up from the deepest reaches of your floor so that you can breathe easier.
- Warranty – You would be surprised by how useful a warranty can be, and it is always a good idea to get a standard or extended one when you buy so that you are covered for the unexpected. Always make sure the warranty covers parts and labour so that you aren’t met with surprise bills.
Now that you know more about what to look for in your next vacuum cleaner, carry on reading below and have a look at the HEPA vacuum reviews below.
You may also like: Best Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
Best HEPA Vacuum
Good for Asthma Sufferers
Best Robot Vac For Allergens
Best Upright For Allergies
Great Cylinder Vac for Allergens
Best Lightweight HEPA Vacuum
Dyson V6 Absolute
For many, the filtration system is the most important aspect, and Dyson is one of the best for an excellent and well-researched filter.
If this is what you are looking for, take some time to read the reviews below and see if this is going to be the right vacuum for you.
The Dyson V6 Absolute uses a HEPA filter, which is hospital grade and one of the best you can get. As someone who lives with an asthma and allergy sufferer, having a vacuum cleaner that can ensure that there are no allergens left is important to me.
The way in which this filter works is that 99.9% of allergens are trapped in the filter and unable to escape, but they are also not pushed back into the air. This means that the air is more breathable and cleaner, which is great for those who need those allergens to be removed from the air.
It’s a really efficient system, and one that ensures there are no reactions. The suction is excellent, and you can rest assured that there will be no loss as the machine becomes full, which is great for those who want to really work it until the last of the battery life.
The Not So Good
The dust canister is a little small, and it can be fiddly to empty once it becomes full.
- Power: 100 watts
- Run Time: 20 mins
- Charge Time: 3 hours
- Weight: 4kg
- Dust Capacity: 0.4L
- Battery Voltage: 21.6v
- Noise: 87db
This cordless vacuum cleaner from Dyson promises superb results that you are certainly going to be very pleased with. While the dust canister can be a little tricky to empty, once you get there and have the hang of it, it will go smoother in the future.
Despite this, it still makes for a great vacuum cleaner that promises to deliver what you want and when you want it. All in all, it’s one that you should strongly consider and one that is able to remove allergens from your home effectively.
Dyson V8 Absolute
If you, or someone that you live with, suffer from asthma or allergies, you will want a vacuum cleaner that can tackle these issues effectively.
This model from leading brand Dyson could be everything you have been searching for and more, you can only find out by reading below
The Dyson V8 Absolute uses a HEPA filter, like most other vacuum cleaners that the company produces. What is exciting about the V8 is that it also has a sealed filtration system.
It means that all the air that goes into the vacuum cleaner has to be passed through the filter first. So, it not only traps 99.9% of allergens and dust, but it also prevents anything from being pushed back into the air.
What this means for you is that the air is cleaner and more breathable, and as someone who lives with an asthma sufferer, I can confirm that this is one of the friendliest vacuum cleaners I have used in my home.
Additionally, you are graced with excellent suction and a brilliant running time, so you can ensure that your home is perfectly clean and free from allergens at all times.
The Not So Good
The dust canister is a little smaller than most standard vacuum cleaners, so it does fill up quite quickly.
- Power: 100 watts
- Run Time: 40 mins
- Charge Time: 3.5 hours
- Weight: 2.5kg
- Dust Capacity: 0.6L
- Battery Voltage: 21.6v
- Noise: 72db
This vacuum cleaner is a cordless wonder, and one that Dyson is very proud of. It’s brilliant for those who suffer from asthma and allergies, ensuring that there are no particles left in the air or pushed back out again.
While the dust canister is a little smaller and will require emptying on a more regular basis than a standard vacuum, this should be expected considering how lightweight and compact this model is.
It makes for a superb vacuum cleaner that provides amazing suction, great cleaning results, and clearer air in your home.
Q: What's the difference between the v8 animal and absolute ?
A: The absolute comes with 3x powered heads including the fluffy hard floor head, large brush head and small brush head where the animal omits the fluffy head. Both units have the same motor and battery .
Hopefully, this guide has helped you to better understand how HEPA vacuums work and how they are able to benefit your asthma or allergies. You may even have found the best HEPA vacuum for you to use in your home, and we hope that is the case.
We have gathered a brilliant selection of trusted brands and models for you to choose from, so we know that you will find the perfect one for you here.
Plus, we have ensured that we included a range of different prices so that every budget can find something that is going to work for them. After all, your health is key, and a HEPA vacuum can help you to achieve better quality air.
What did you think of our HEPA vacuum review? Were you happy with the selection or are there models that you would have added? We love hearing from you, so make sure you leave us a message in the comments below.
Last Updated on