Anyone who has pets at home knows that finding the best vacuum for pet hair removal is important. It is essential for keeping the house free of pet hair, dirt, dust and allergens. Thin strands of pet hair can be trapped in carpets and cause a host of health problems, such as sneezing, coughing and other allergic reactions.
Pet hair can be a pain to remove. But using the right vacuum cleaner can really help you get rid of that stubborn pet hair. Just think of the peace of mind and comfort these cleaning devices can provide.
Not only can pet hair cause health problems but can also make the house look unsightly. To be completely sure that hair is removed from the house interior, you will need the right vacuum cleaner.
Things to Consider When Buying a Pet Vacuum
With the wide variety of vacuum cleaners for pet hair available on the market, finding the right cleaner that is capable of perfect cleaning can become a challenging task. Here are things to consider before you purchase.
- Budget: How much do you wish to spend on a vacuum cleaner? There are many choices, from budget vacuum cleaners to high end models. Think about the features that you need. However, never assume that a high price usually means greater performance. You may only be paying for the design or brand but not better performance.
- Cleaning Space: It does not make sense to purchase a powerful or sophisticated vacuum if you are going to use it in small spaces. If you are cleaning a small space, smaller vacuums are recommended. They are not as powerful as their larger counterparts. But they will really help you save a lot of energy. Aside from this, smaller models are lightweight, portable and maneuverable.
- The filters: Vacuum cleaners usually feature filters. Filters are important for cleaning the air. Unfortunately, these filters are not created equal. Their efficiency varies from model to model. Many vacuums comply with HEPA standard. This means they are capable of capturing 99.97% of allergens. Any vacuum cleaner for pet hair must meet or exceed that standard.
- Do you prefer a cylinder or upright vacuum or maybe you just need a small handheld vacuum? Upright cleaners are usually recommended for offices and homes. They are ideal for hard floor surfaces as well as carpeted floors. Many upright cleaners have excellent filtration systems that make them perfect for pet hair removal.
- Cylinder vacuums are lightweight and highly portable. They are ideal for cleaning confined spaces and hard to reach areas. They make it easy and fun to clean upholstery, cars, drapes and stairs.
- Other things to consider are accessories, suction control, height adjustments, power cord length and running time.
We all love our pets and we definitely should! Once we decided to become a fur parent, we are aware of the responsibilities that we have to take on and the additional work we have to put in – which includes getting rid of all the pet hair around the house and even the car.
Some vacuum cleaners seem to be very powerful yet it doesn’t have enough capability to suck in all the pet hair. This proves to be very annoying especially if you’re just too tired of cleaning and you expect your vacuum to do the job for you.
The models above listed in our best vacuum for pet hair guide above are made with a special feature to get rid of all those hairs scattered around your home in addition to doing a great job in cleaning the rest of the place. Check our site regularly for more updates and if you have more questions or if you believe that we missed some details, please leave a comment below and we’ll try our best to answer right away.