So What is the best lightweight upright vacuum cleaner in the UK ?
Looking for a vacuum cleaner that won’t take much space in your home, and yet would be able to deliver the best results? Take a look at some of the best-selling and best rated portable models below. Everyone will require something a little different when looking for the perfect upright, maybe for the stairs, maybe for our slightly mature elderly readers you need something that you can maneuver easily through your home without it being a real physical challenge.
Whatever your requirements we have shortlisted our top 6 and found you the best deals available in the UK market.
Our Top 5 Recommendations
Best Model Under £100:
Vax Air Reach has a powerful suction that is able to separate dirt from anything that it lands on, even from air! This is something that not most vacuum cleaners, especially full-sized ones, can do. This vacuum cleaner also has a very long cord that makes it easy for you to clean every room of the house, and bring the vacuum cleaner up the stairs, too. Other features include:
- HEPA pre-motor and post-motor fillers that will make it easy for you to clean the device;
- Full size cleaning capacity;
- A turbo tool that easily removes lint and pet hair, and;
- It is designed in such a way that it’s able to save energy—so it’s good for the environment!
- Energy Class A – Saving you money on electric bills
- Weight 4.9KG
This cordless vacuum cleaner offers a revolutionary clean and a smooth feel. It is incredibly light, so you don’t need to have gone to the gym religiously for the past month in order to push it along your carpet. It moves easily with your arm, and is suitable for all floor types – making it incredibly versatile. The powerful rotating brush is also ideal for getting embedded hair out of your carpet, so you end up with a deep clean that offers the ultimate satisfaction.
The battery lasts 40 minutes after a four-hour charge, giving is superb life and enough power to get your house clean. It even has a battery indicator to let you know when the charge is starting to run low. It doesn’t use bags and has a cleaner emptying system, so you don’t end up with mess all over your hands.
- Sleek design
- Incredibly lightweight
- Brilliant battery life
- Perfect for human and pet hair
- Washable filters
- Very powerful
- Suitable for all floor types
- Bagless with easy clean
- Two-year guarantee
- Weight 3.5 KG
- Does not come with attachments (available at additional cost)
If you are looking for a lightweight vacuum cleaner that has no cords and incredible power, then you don’t need to look any further than this one. With a sleek design and easy manoeuvrability, you’ll be whizzing through the house and have it clean in no time. With a fantastic battery life and a great guarantee from GTECH, this is the ideal vacuum cleaner for those who need something lightweight and are looking to have the house clean quickly and without hassle.
The Best Vacuum for Elderly:
Known as one of the most versatile vacuum cleaners around, Morphy Richards 732001 is a 2 in 1 vacuum cleaner. It is very portable and makes it easy for you to clean areas that are hard to reach. This cleaner is also best used for dry spills because of its daily cleaning mechanism. Other things that you can expect from this model are:
- Collapsible handles and recharging cables that you can remove from the device for easy storage;
- 20 minute run time whether you use upright or handheld modes, which means that the device is truly flexible;
- A swivel head that makes it easy for you to maneuver Morphy Richards 732001;
- Weight 3.9 KG;
- Priced under £100
The Best Value:
If power is what you want, the Duronic VC6 vacuum cleaner can surely give it to you! This device features 800W MAX Power so you’ll be able to clean what you want, whenever you want! And while it has that amount of power, you also won’t have a hard time carrying it around the house because it weighs only 24 centimeters—which makes it portable and durable at the same time! Aside from these, you can also expect:
- It can work for wooden, brick, vinyl and every kind of flooring there is, and works for whatever size of house you have;
- It uses mains, instead of batteries, so you could just plug it in and you won’t have to spend more money just so it could work;
- It uses cloth filtration system which means that the smallest dust particles will be blocked and that you wouldn’t have to change filters often, and;
- It also includes a transparent dust canister so trash would be compiled in one place and you could dispose of it properly!
- 2 Year Warranty
- Weight 1.5 Kg
- Priced under £25
Great All Rounder:
The Zanussi Airspeed Lite vacuum cleaner packs a lot of power in its small frame. With 180 AW of suction power and 1.5 L dust capacity, you’d surely be able to clean a lot and make your home spic and span in no time! It makes use of a recent innovation called multi-cyclonic technology which means that you wouldn’t have to worry about your filters getting clogged because there is a constant dirt-sucking mechanism that happens. It also works for both carpeted and bare floors. More so, you can expect that:
- The filters are washable, so you don’t have to buy new ones each time;
- The brushes revolve, which means that you can assemble them the way you want to, and;
- Hoover is smaller than most devices, but that means that it is also very portable and easy to manage.
- Weight 4.1 Kg
- Priced under £60
Best Under £30:
VonHaus 1000W Stick & Handheld Vacuum
Maintaining a clean home is the first step into living a healthy lifestyle. With that being said, keeping a clean home can be quite a task, if you have pets and kids running in and out all day long. If you want to make those tedious cleaning jobs all that much easier, then you need to consider the VonHaus 1000W handheld vacuum cleaner. Those hard to reach spots will be cleaned with ease.
The VonHaus is equipped with a HEPA filter, which is capable of capturing the smallest dust particle and allergens. The collection tank is very easy to operate and capable of holding 1.3 liters of dirt and debris.
The electrical cord is 6 meters in length, which will offer you a longer distance for cleaning, so you will not need to plug/unplug as often.
- 1,000 watts of maximum power
- Large collection tank
- HEPA filtration system
- Converts to a handheld vacuum
- Rotatable wheels for smoother cleaning and operation
- Priced around £20
Best Mains Lightweight:
And finally, there’s Bissell 2562E, which looks like a pogo stick but definitely can do more than what a pogo does. This vacuum cleaner is quite reliable when it comes to cleaning floor areas, upholstery, and carpets, and can be converted from a stick vacuum to a hand vacuum—so you can clean as comfortably as you want! Floor nozzle is also removable and it has an easy release dirt cup with it, which means that you wouldn’t have to worry that the mess you’ve cleaned will be all over the floor again. Other features of this vacuum include:
- A 16 feet power cord that makes the device portable, and which also includes an easy-wrap cord storage to add more longevity to the Bissell 2562E cleaner;
- A crevice tool that you can hook to the device so you’d be able to reach areas that may not be so easy for you to reach;
- Wattage is 140W, which is considered by many as the perfect amount of power for a lightweight cleaner, and;
- It works very quietly—so it won’t annoy you or anyone else!
- Weight 2 Kg
- Priced under £50
Buy one of these lightweight vacuum cleaners and cleaning will be a breeze for you. Choose one that suits your requirements or budget and go for it!