You can keep the carpets in your home clean and smelling nice by investing in a carpet cleaner, giving you a far better and deeper clean than a traditional Vacuum Cleaner. Carpets are prone to picking up all sorts of dirt and grime, and if they are not cleaned regularly, they can start emitting an unpleasant smell that makes your home feel dirty. And once stains set, they can be very difficult to remove, sometimes requiring a professional carpet cleaning service which can often be costly.
So what is the best carpet cleaner?
It ultimately depends on your particular requirements, but below are some of the important features that you should consider and look out for when doing your shopping:
- A large water tank. This can be a time-saving feature since you don’t need to empty and refill the tank as often, but on the other hand, a bigger tank adds more weight to the machine, making it more difficult to handle. It is up to you to find the right balance.
- Extra attachments. These additional tools give versatility to your carpet cleaner by allowing you to clean upholstery as well as narrow spaces and stairs.
- Powered brushes. While this is not necessarily a deal-breaker when it comes to choosing a carpet cleaner, it is incredibly convenient since it makes it easier to scrub out deep-seated dirt from the carpet.
- Powerful suction. This feature is essential since it allows you to quickly suction water from your carpet so it dries faster. In addition, you can also use the carpet cleaner to suction flooded water from your floors, i.e. if your washing machine overflows.
- A long power cord. This makes it easier to clean carpets if you have to cover a large area. Ideally, the best carpet cleaner should have a cord length of at least five meters.
- A lengthy warranty. The carpet cleaner should come with at least a one-year warranty, to ensure that you are protected in case there is something wrong with the machine.
Top 10 – Best Carpet Cleaners for 2017
Further Carpet Cleaner Machines Recommendation
Here are some of the other great carpet cleaner machines. Just in case any of the above do not quite suit your needs.
The Deep Clean offers the features of a commercial carpet cleaner in a machine designed for home use. It offers deep-seated cleaning that reaches all the way down to the carpet base to remove embedded dirt and allergens that can result in bad odors.
The Cleanview Deep Clean has a cleaning head with twin brush rollers that each has five rows of bristles. These remove deeply ground-in dirt from your carpet, as well as providing deep-seated cleaning by parting the pile so that the carpet shampoo can penetrate all the way to the base.
This helps eliminate odors so that the carpet, and your home, will smell fresh. The Smartmix feature allows you to adjust the concentration of the cleaning mixture based on the area you are cleaning, from Light Cleaning for areas that have light foot traffic to Heavy Traffic that allows you to increase the concentration of carpet shampoo. And if you end up using too much shampoo, you can use the Water Rinse only feature to dilute it.
The Cleanview Deep Clean also makes carpet cleaning quicker to reduce the disruption in your home by drying the carpet as you clean. Since the machine has a separate water heater, it is free to use the heat produced by the twin motors of the cleaner to the carpet dries more quickly.
This versatile machine allows you to perform two types of cleaning chores – room cleaning and spot cleaning for areas that are difficult to reach. Its compact design makes it easy to carry around so you can use it to clean stairs and even the upholstery of your car.
The 22K7E has a built-in water heater to keep the water at the proper temperature for cleaning, heating it to as much as 14-degrees F. To ensure the safety of the user, the device will not exceed 82-degrees F.
You also have the option to turn off the heater if you are cleaning a delicate carpet that does not require hot water. The heater also has five filtration levels to ensure that the water and the interior components of the cleaner are not contaminated by harmful bacteria.
The cleaning brush features a twin row of bristles to ensure that deep-seated dirt is loosened and removed from the carpet while removing odors, ensuring that your carpet is almost as good as new while keeping your home smelling fresh. And you can do spot cleaning using the flexible five-foot hose which comes with two attachments for cleaning stubborn stains and narrow spaces that are hard to reach.
Hopefully we have given you a better insight into choosing the best carpet cleaner for your needs. You may also want to check out our other guide specifically for handheld carpet cleaners and spot cleaners.
Carpet cleaning is such a tedious task and if you don’t have the right tool to get the job done, you will exert too much time and effort doing just one job. There are many powerful vacuum cleaners out there but even those that are good enough to clean the rest of your home might not be as effective in cleaning the carpet. Carpet cleaner machines are more than just your traditional vacuum cleaner as it provides a more thorough and deeper cleaning process. When you find the right one, you will surely appreciate how carpet cleaning can be done more swiftly and easily with results that are same as when professionals do the cleaning. Hopefully, our list above gives you an easier time in finding the best carpet cleaner machine for your household and if you have further enquiries, please drop a comment at the bottom of this page. Make sure to come back to our site regularly for more updates!